On October 4, 2020, The Way International Headquarters held its seventy-eighth anniversary Sunday Teaching Service. Headquarters Staff and in-residence Way Corps gathered in the Prevailing Word Auditorium Teaching Center to celebrate, but they were not alone in watching the service. For the first time ever, The Way International streamed the anniversary service live, in high definition, to countries around the world!
Previous to this service, The Way used twenty-eight phone lines split between The Way of the U.S.A. and International Outreach countries to bring disciples together to listen in to ministry events. However, for this seventy-eighth anniversary event, the service was streamed to over eight hundred locations in over fifty countries. Forty-five of those countries streamed it live, and some were doing live translations. Below is a map highlighting the different locations that tuned in to the anniversary service. You can click or tap on the map to open it in a larger view that can be zoomed to see more of the detail of all these locations.
National Geographic map used by permission
And what a service it was! Believers around the world watched the curtain of the auditorium stage open to a new backdrop with the word “SHINE” set in ten-foot-tall letters. They listened to an electric guitar lead into an enthusiastic Way Productions performance. The choir then joined in on stage, clapping and moving to the music. Later, a video tribute was played in honor of former President and Chairman of the Board of The Way International, Rev. Rosalie F. Rivenbark, recognizing her for her many years of service at The Way. And after this, former Secretary-Treasurer of The Way International, Howard Allen, handled the faithful disciple recognition, he himself being the second full-time paid Staff member of The Way. Then, the theme poster for the new ministry year was unveiled, displaying the new ministry theme Shining as Lights in the World in bright letters.
The President of The Way International, Rev. Vern Edwards, then taught the greatness of God’s Word, and the service ended with Way Productions playing the new theme song for the year, “We Shine as Lights in the World.” For your blessing, here are some interesting statistics about the impact of this anniversary service and the livestreaming around the nations of the world:
- Of the eight hundred streaming locations, some just had one person watching, and other locations had more than six hundred people watching.
- On anniversary Sunday, there were over eighteen thousand Way International website page views.
- The week of October 4–10, there were almost forty-three thousand website page views, which was over a 40 percent increase from the normal amount.
- The new Way Productions CD entitled Think on These Things…, which was released on anniversary Sunday, was for a time in the top five downloads on iTunes in the Christian/Gospel music category.
- There were over sixty-three hundred digital downloads of the new theme song from Theway.org.
- At least six people watching the livestream registered for the Foundational Class afterwards.
- An individual approached their leadership after the service so she could ask how she and her husband could move toward going into The Way Corps.
Enjoy these photos of a few international streaming locations along with a few of the many notes of thanks that were received from around the world.
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Democratic Republic of the Congo
The impact of the seventy-eighth anniversary Sunday Teaching Service was felt around the world, uniting The Way Ministry and showing believers great vision and direction for continued spiritual growth in The Way.
And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.
What an exciting time to be a part of The Way Ministry, and what a time to be called out as God’s children to live and grow together in God’s rightly divided Word!
To see more photos of the streaming locations around the world, view our Flickr album.