Terms, Conditions, and Privacy
Restrictions on Use
This site is owned and operated by THE WAY INTERNATIONAL (“THE WAY”) and contains material which is derived in whole or in part from material supplied by THE WAY, or one or more of its associates, affiliates, or subsidiary organizations. The material on this site is protected by international copyright and trademark law. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute in any way any material from this site, including code and software. You may download material from this site for your personal, noncommercial use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
Specific Restrictions on Use of Material
Text, photo, graphic, audio, and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication, or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. Neither these materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and noncommercial use. THE WAY is not to be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors, or omissions therefrom, or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof, or for any damages arising from any of the above.
It is a condition of your use of this Web site that you do not, directly or indirectly
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying this Web site;
- use any material from this Web site, in whole or in part, to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national, or international law;
- use any material from this Web site, in whole or in part, to post or transmit any information, software, or other material which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder;
- use any material from this Web site, in whole or in part, to post or transmit any information, software, or other material which contains a virus or other harmful component;
- use any material from this Web site, in whole or in part, to post, transmit, or in any way exploit any information, software, or other material for commercial purposes, or which contains advertising.
THE WAY reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy the law, regulation, or government request, or to edit, refuse to post, or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in THE WAY’s sole discretion are objectionable or in violation of these terms and conditions.
THE WAY has or may in the future provide links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by third parties. Neither THE WAY, its subsidiary companies, nor their affiliates operate or control in any respect any information, products, or services on these third-party sites. The materials in this site and the third-party sites are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, THE WAY disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. THE WAY does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site, including bulletin boards or the server that makes it available, is free of viruses or other harmful components. THE WAY does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials in this site or in third-party sites in terms of their correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, or otherwise. You (and not THE WAY) assume the entire cost of all necessary maintenance, repair, or correction.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall THE WAY, its subsidiary companies, or affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, THE WAY materials. You specifically acknowledge and agree that THE WAY is not liable for any defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any user. If you are dissatisfied with any of THE WAY material, or with any of THE WAY’s terms and conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using any Web site owned and operated by THE WAY.
This agreement is effective until terminated by THE WAY, at any time without notice. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to access this Web site or any Web site owned or under the direct control of THE WAY, and the restrictions imposed on you with respect to material downloaded from this or any Web site owned or controlled by THE WAY, the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in this agreement, shall survive.
We will occasionally update this privacy statement. We encourage you to periodically review this statement to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us when you contact us by mail, telephone, or other electronic means, or visit any of our family of Web sites, including thewayinternational.com, thewaymagazine.com, thewayministries.org, theway.org, and any other Web site owned and operated by us (collectively our “Web site”). This policy also describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
What Information Do We Collect about You on Our Web Site, and How Do We Collect It?
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Web site, including:
- Personally Identifiable Information. This is information by which you may be personally identified, which includes information that you willingly provide via the “Contact Us” form, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other information that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law.
- Nonpersonally Identifiable Information. This includes information we collect automatically as you navigate through the Web site, which may include traffic data; location data; logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Web site; IP addresses; and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information Collected through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Web site and to deliver a better and more personalized service by way of, for example, estimating our audience size and usage patterns.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Web site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Web site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as browser cookies are.
What Information Do We Collect Off-Line?
When you contact us by mail, telephone, or other means in order to support us through donations; access our products, programs, or services; or otherwise communicate with us, we collect
- information by which you may be contacted, including mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number;
- financial information provided in connection with your donations and purchases;
- information pertaining to you as a volunteer or employee, if applicable; and
- details of your donations and purchase transactions and other records of your involvement with us.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to
- carry forward and manage our ministry activities;
- contact you via mail, telephone, e-mail, or other available communication channels for the purpose of processing, facilitating, or confirming your donations and purchases;
- provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us and notices about your account;
- fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, in any other way we may describe when you provide it, and for any other purposes with your consent;
- meet any legal or regulatory requirements.
Disclosure of Your Information/Use of Service Providers
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We are committed to protecting your personal information. We will only disclose the personal information that we collect or which you provide, in the following limited situations:
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose with your consent or disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Way International, as permitted by law.
PRIVACY RIGHTS PERTAINING TO THE EUROPEAN UNION
If you are visiting this site from the European Union, you have certain privacy rights as described below.Consent
Where our use of your personal data is based upon your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time by contacting the Privacy Office using the “Contact Us” form.
Data Retention and Access to Records
We only retain your personal data for as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which we have initially collected it or for which you have submitted it or as required by law.
Electronic records for The Way International are maintained in the United States by The Way International. If you wish to access, amend, or delete any personal information we hold about you or if you have questions about the collection, use, disclosure, or storage of personal information by us, please contact our Privacy Office by using the “Contact Us” form.
Are Children Allowed to Provide Information Online?
In general, no one under age 16, whether from the European Union or another country, may provide any personal information on the Web site. If you are under 16, do not provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or user name you may use.
Visitors from the European Union: If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 who is also from the European Union, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have such information on a European Union subject who is under age 16, please contact the Privacy Office using the “Contact Us” form.
The Way International’s Terms, Conditions, and Privacy agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Ohio without giving effect to any principles or conflicts of law. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.